Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New York's first ever 8 alarm fire!

Fire has just been upgraded to an 8 ALARM FIRE!

The smoke is getting worse. This is my current view. 2-3 of my previous posts (after the google map link) have not posted, so maybe they will show up later. Keep checking.

Channel 7 news is dubbing this story: "WAREHOUSE INFERNO".
Why didn't I think of that?

This beautiful warehouse complex was 120 years old. The fire started around West and Noble, and along the water. It worked its way south to Cayler. The Coast Guard has been called in to help from the water side.




The smoke is no longer going up, as seen in previous posts. It is blowing directly toward Williamsburg, and our loft.

I am taking a break to head to Tribeca and get some photos from a non-smoke neighborhood.

Will post what I see when I get back at 3:30pm. Posted by Picasa

No comments: